Hello everyone! I hope you are having a fabulous December. There is so much to love about this season, and I'm drinking it all in. Everything just seems a tad lighter and the party atmosphere is in the air! And if there's anything I love, it's a party...as long as I can be home and in my jammies by 9:30 pm. When I saw the Party Bundle available at Ellen Hutson this month, I knew my cards were going to stay true to that party spirit I feel everywhere.
I decided that a party isn't complete without some confetti, glitter and a little bubbly (sparkling cider or champagne). So the cards I created today are all about moving, shaking, confetti, glitter and bubbly. I'm going to walk you through the creation of two simple cards that move and shake. They're perfect for ANY celebration!
There are lots of ways to make cards that have interactive elements, but I really wanted to make these cards simple and manageable. I've created a shaker card and an Action Wobbler card to give the cards movement, without spending a ton of time creating them. These simple additions can really be the wow factor you're looking for! And I know the recipient always loves these types of cards.
Both of my cards feature products from the Party Bundle and the Bottles of Bubbly die set. I'll also be using the Cue the Confetti stamp set in my second card today. The Party Bundle pairs fabulously with all of the products from the Essentials By Ellen December release. I love bundles like this that act as a kit of sorts. Just pull out the bundle and a couple of stamps and dies and you'll be cranking out the cards in no time. I find it helps keep me focused on using the products in front of me and narrows down my focus, which makes the creating process much easier.
I'll walk you through the creation of these cards in the video tutorial below. Be sure to check it out. We're going to have some fun. I've also linked the products used in these projects below.
- Make it shimmy. Action Wobbles might be the easiest way to add a little movement to your cards, and they come in multiple sizes now! Check out THIS hilarious booty shakin' card by Sandy....it really moooooooooves. ;)
- Make it shake. Shakers are always a favorite of mine. Let's face it, anything with sparkly things that move around are sure to grab my eye. Click HERE to see a fabulous collection of shakers created by some of my favorite people.
- Make it slide. Slider cards are lots of fun and come in many forms. I love THIS ONE by Julie and THIS ONE by Carly. Here's another type of slider by Julie.
- Make it fling. Seriously, what could be more fun than a confetti flinging card? The new Confetti Flinger die set from Essentials By Ellen is sure to give anyone a surprise they won't forget. Want to see it in action? Here's a card by Julie featuring this fun new interactive die. I've also shared one on my personal blog. Click HERE to check it out along with a video tutorial!
- Make it pop. A three dimensional element on the inside of the card is sure to thrill anyone. I love Carolyn's pop up card! You can find it HERE.
- Make it shine. Real lights? On a card? Yes, please. Click HERE to see a holiday card I created with Chibitronics LED lights. Looking for non-holiday inspiration? Check out projects from Julie, Carly, Carolyn and Karolyn.
There are so many ideas for interactive cards, these are just a few of my favorites. Want to see more? Just head to The CLASSroom blog and type "interactive card" in to the search bar. That'll keep you busy for a while. So much inspiration there!
What's your favorite type of interactive card? I'd love to know. Leave it in the comments below. Is there one I didn't mention that you absolutely LOVE making?
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you've enjoyed this look at some cards that move featuring the Party Bundle...and a whole lot of other interactive cards as well.
Until next time, I hope you have a fabulous day.
Watch The Video
Watch this video in HD on our YouTube channel by clicking HERE. Don't forget to subscribe while you're there!