(click on the pics to enbiggan)
This simple trick will make your colored pencils "pop" on Kraft card stock!
LINK: Watch in HD on our YouTube Channel HERE, and thanks for giving us a thumbs up! Please subscribe so you never miss any of our newest videos!
- This technique works with both regular colored pencils or (dry) watercolor pencils, but you may achieve better blending with regular colored pencils.
- Stamp your images with white pigment ink on kraft card stock.
- Allow ink to air dry thoroughly or speed heat set with your embossing gun.
- I like keeping my pencil strokes in the same direction, but you can experiment with cross-hatching, etc.
- Layer colors, beginning with lighter colors and adding gradually darker hues for shading and definition.
- Lighter colors layered over darker can subtly/slightly brighten or alter the color beneath--experiment to see what you like!
Thanks for joining me and have a splendid Monday! :)
Essentials by Ellen Clear Stamps, Stay Golden by Julie Ebersole
Hero Arts Pigment Ink Pad, Unicorn White
Derwent Inktense Pencil Set, 24pc
Crafter's Companion ColourBlend Pencils, Primaries Set
Neenah Cardstock, Neenah Environment Desert Storm, 25 pk
Authentique Utopia, 6x6 Bundle
Tonic Nuvo Crystal Drops, Gloss White
Hero Arts Embossing Gun
My Sweet Petunia Mini MISTI Laser Etched Stamping Tool
Tim Holtz, Tiny Attacher