I seem to be hooked on tags these days. Last time I was in the CLASSroom I went the art journaling route with a bunch of tags to make a mini album for my daughter. Today's post uses a tag as well. Inspired by a big beautiful black tag and the chalkboard trend, I've gone vintage collage style with them.
There are many ways to stamp on dark surfaces. You can use embossing powder,or a pigment ink, but I've found that paint always works really well. I've been a fan of stamping with paint for years. The interesting thing with stamping with paint is that it never turns out exactly the same each time. I think that adds to much to the vintage style. That perfectly beautiful imperfection.
I love using the Adirondack Paint Dabbers for inking up a stamp with paint. You can use a foam brush with any acrylic paint and brush it on the stamp, but the paint dabbers make it so easy and there is no cleanup. Simply dab the paint with the foam applicator onto the stamp and then press onto your surface. These dabbers also work really well for "inking" the edges of your paper to define them.
- step one - stamp the ATC and apply paint to the edges of the ATC and the Tag
Tip: Wash your stamps off immediately as the acrylic paint is extremely difficult to get off if you allow it to dry. This is the voice of experience and it was painful.
- step two - stamp postage marks onto the black tag
- step three - adhere torn coffee filter paper with Multi-Medium...wrinkle the paper when applying it for added texture
Note: Multi-Medium is a fabulous adhesive and and essential mixed media product. Just brush it on the back to adhere or on the front to add a glaze.
- step four - adhere adhesive lace and then stamped ATC
- step five - tie tag with twine and tie on button
- step six - adhere flowers and insert trinket pins
- step seven - pin metal tag to flower
Tip: When creating a black and white project, add one pop of color to brighten it up.
Thanks so much for joining me today in the CLASSroom! I hope you'll give stamping with paint a try. Have a fabulous weekend!Supplies: