Happy weekend to you all! I have a fun Copic technique to share with you today, that you can use with just about any rubber (or clear acrylic!) stamp. I used it on this tri-colored birthday tag:
It's pretty quick and easy, so here we go with the tutorial:
2. Then airbrush Copic Y21 in the center of the square:
3. Finish with Copic BG13 on the top third of the Art Square.
4. Use an alcohol prep pad to as a "stamp pad" and wipe it all over the Fantastic Birthday cake stamp. You could also use Copic Colorless Blender Solution, but the alcohol prep pad is a little more cost effective and works in the same manner as the Blender Solution would, by "removing" or pushing aside the color. Plus, it saves your Blender Solution for refilling your markers!
5. Then, quickly stamp onto the airbrushed Art Square. It will take just a few moments, but you will see the alcohol start to "develop" and remove the airbrushed Copic color! You can use a heat tool to speed up the process:
6. To prep the tag, use the birthday sentiment stamp as a spacer (or go ahead and stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink first), then start placing the My Mind's Eye Decorative Black Washi Tape washi tape (I LOVE these new 8-roll packs of two colors of coordinating tape!). I started with the chevron pattern at the top, used the Art Square as a spacer so I would know where to place the polka dot tape towards the bottom, then covered the sides with the striped tape:
7. Use Copic High Tack Double-Sided Tissue Tape to securely adhere the heavy weight matboard Art Square to the tag:
9. Place the pom pom trim inside a snack-sized ziplock bag, along with a few drops of -0- Colorless Blender Solution and "knead" the baggie from the outside so the solution distributes over all of the trim. This will help ensure the next step of color will distribute more evenly throughout the trim. Then squeeze in a few drops of the BG13 Various Ink Refill and knead the bag again:
If you happen to get some heavier patches of color in spots, just squeeze in a few more drops of Blender Solution.
10. Remove the trim from the bag and blot with a tissue or paper towel; let dry.
11. Attach trim to bottom of tag, using the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.
12. Tie Maya Road Sparkle Silver Twine to top of tag.
And there you have a fun, unique birthday gift tag!
Thanks so much for joining me today!