(please click on any pic to enbiggan)
Hello and welcome everybody! I'm here with a contribution to the Annual 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist and I have a special guest with me, too: one Brandi Kincaid! Love her to bits and her awesome tag, too! :)
For my tag this year, I chose to work with a color scheme featuring neutral/natural hues and materials--earthy, and, well, mine ended up a little on the rustic side. And, I LOVE IT!!!
I did a little hyperlapsed process video on mine:
Give us a thumbs' up over on our YouTube Channel HERE--you can also watch in HD and subscribe to our channel!
- If you don't have a sewing machine or prefer not to actually machine stitch the felt to your project, apply a thin double-sided sheet adhesive, such as Stick-It, to one side of the felt prior to die-cutting; it will enable you to adhere it easily to your project later and provides stability when hand-stitching.
- OPTIONAL: Running the adhesive backed felt through your Big Shot isn't necessary, but it can ensure overall adhesion.
- Prime your sewing needle with Versamark ink prior to stitching; it can help prevent the sheet adhesive from gumming up the needle as you work.
- The Stick-It adhesive backing paper is quite thin and should tear easily through the stitching when you're ready to mount it.
- When gluing sequins to felt, make a little "bead" of glue that sits on top of the felt, then gently top it with the sequin; don't press the sequin down into the glue (as the glue dries the sequin and the glue will flatten down on their own). Pressing can cause the felt to completely absorb the glue and it will dry before the sequin has a chance to bond to it. Thicker "white" glues that dry clear, i.e. Mono Multi or Multi Medium tend to sit on top of the felt and work much better/ than clear liquid glues.
Please scroll on to see Brandi's take on the same theme--SO ADORABLE and CLEVER!!!
Thanks for poppin' in during this busy holiday season and I hope yours is a joyful and cozy one!
Julie's Tag Supplies:
We are thrilled to welcome our sweet friend Brandi Kincaid back to the CLASSroom today with her 12 Tags! Brandi is constantly delighting us with her signature fresh style in her crafty creations and stamp designs! In case you didn't know, Brandi is the creative genius behind the Leading Ladies sets! You can see all of Brandi's amazing sets here and make sure you check out her blog too!
Brandi's Tag Supplies:
Thank you for joining us once again this year for the third day of our 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist series! Simply leave your appreciation for the beautiful tags of today's dynamic duo, Julie and Brandi, and you will be eligible for the random drawing of the $25 gift certificate to our store www.ellenhutson.com. Leave your comment here before noon on December 18th to be included (one comment per person please.) Be certain to return tomorrow to see what our next team will have to inspire you!