This week we're focusing on interactive cards and I'm sharing some easy to assemble penny slider and spinner cards featuring the Swing N' Slide Die set!
LINK: Watch in HD on our YouTube Channel HERE. Thanks for giving us a thumbs' up and subscribing!
- A sturdy card stock tends to work best for penny spinner/slider cards so I usually use 80# or higher weights.
- Consider where the recipient will be holding onto the card in relationship to the mechanism; you want to place the mechanism where the grip to make it move does not impede the spinner/slider.
- Pennies or hardware washers/metal tokens add weight, which, when combined with gravity, can help a mechanism spin or slide more readily.
- When assembling layers, be sure to allow enough height and clearance for the mechanism to move freely but also take care there is enough support to prevent the track from collapsing.
- You can easily fold Double-Sided Foam Mounting Tape on itself to increase the thickness; then just cut what you need.
- If pre-fabricated ROUND pop up dots are not available, you can easily DIY by using a small circle die (or even a hand-held standard office circle punch) and some double-sided sticky foam sheet.
- Anti-static powder tools, like the Embossing Magic or EK Success Powder Tool, can be used to neutralize the tack ("sticky-ness") of the aforementioned adhesives so your mechanism does not get stuck as it moves along the track.
Happy Mundane--and happy interactive card makin'! ;)
SUPPLIES: (Dymo Label Maker from designer's stash)