Happy Thursday! It's Carly and I'm here for another #throwbackthursdays, where we find inspiration in The CLASSroom archives! This week in addition to learning from past posts by our fabulous team, we are sharing info about markers! Today let's talk about "special effects" markers, markers that are glitter, metallic and watermark ink!
Wink of Stella
- water-based pigment full of glitter
- brush tip
- transparent color
- available in 15 colors
- the clear is great for adding shimmer to stamped images and blending watercolor
- very blendable
Wink of Luna
- water-based metallic pigment
- brush tip
- opaque color
- available in 9 colors
- awesome on dark paper
- Luna is less blendable once applied to paper than Stella but 2 pens can blend together by touching nib-to-nib
- watermark ink
- dual tipped - brush & fine
- great for adding touches of embossing (to embellish or correct a stamped image)
One of my favorite techniques to use with all of these special effects markers is faux chalkboard! Of course the technique is most like chalkboard when done in white, but it looks amazing with these other markers and makes a stunning background.
This technique is super easy!
- Stamp image in VersaMark.
- Trace over lines with chosen "special effects" marker. In the card above, I used a Dark Pink Wink of Stella.
- Smudge ink while still wet with finger or Q-Tip.
- Check out this article from the archives to learn more about this technique: Chalkboard Poinsettia by Carly Tee Minner