Now that the holidays are over, how about preserving some of your favorite photo-captured holiday moments into a memory cube? This project is perfect for your Instagram or any square format photos -- just size the photos to match the size of your cube or Inchie Art Square.
For the base of this memory cube, I used a Sizzix Thinlits Square Box die by Rachael Bright. The die set comes with easy cutting and assembly instructions:
1. Cut two box pieces from coordinating cardstock with box die -- I used Memory Box Raspberry Notecard.
2. Adhere High Tack 1/4" Double-Sided Tissue Tape to the four end flap pieces, then fold the box along the score lines:
3. Assemble box as shown above, leaving final top tab/flap unglued -- this will make it easier to adhere your photos to the sides of the box. Alternately, if you can visualize exactly which side and orientation you'd like to place your photos, you can certainly go ahead and adhere the photos while the box is still flat -- I just couldn't visualize it without the box already assembled!
4. Print photos at 2-inches square to fit Twinchie Art Squares (above); trim and glue photos onto Art Squares. The Art Squares will make your memory cube more durable and give the box more stability.
5. Glue photo Art Squares to box sides.
6. To finish a memory cube that will sit on a flat surface, adhere final tab in place. To make the memory cube into an ornament, glue ribbon around the top flap to use as a hanger then adhere the final top flap in place.
If you'd like to keep the memory cube flat for gift mailing purposes, just adhere the photo Art Squares to the unassembled box pieces, leave the protective liner paper on the Tissue Tape, photocopy the box assembly instructions that come with the die set and mail those along with the photo cube.
I hope you'll give this project a try any time of the year -- it sure was fun, quick and easy!
Happy New Year! ~ Sharon