Hello and welcome to the weekend edition of the CLASSroom! Today I have a glittery fun thank you card to share with you:
Hopefully you can see how glittery that cute bird is! (Click on any photo for a larger view). He was quite simple to create, using just a few products. I started with these fabulous Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel Off Stickers-Black Birds:
1. Cut a piece of the double-sided adhesive sheet to fit the bird sticker, peel off one side of the protective liner and apply to white cardstock.
2. Peel off the other side of the sheet adhesive's liner and cover it in the transarent glitter:
3. Burnish the glitter into the adhesive sheet by rubbing it with your finger.
4. Brush off the excess glitter and apply the bird sticker. Be careful when peeling the sticker off its storage sheet -- as you can see, it is a thin outline, but I found it to be pretty sturdy and it retained its shape well.
5. Color the transparent glitter with Copic Sketch Markers of your choice. Here, I used BG53, YG93, YG95 and YR21 to match the Thank You quote I stamped with Distress Markers:
You are even able to do some shading on the glitter -- it works quite well!
6. Cut out bird.
7. The Hero Arts ClearDesign My Favorite thanks quote was inked with Distress Markers (Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint and Broken China). I stamped those colored parts separately onto Neenah Solar White Cardstock, then stamped the whole image again with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
8. Then I cut out the colored washi tape and "Thank You" parts and adhered them over the black stamped image.
9. Assemble the card by cutting a piece of Taffy Memory Box Cardstock and matting it with Licorice cardstock, then mount with Copic Foam Tape to white card base.
10. Adhere a piece of My Mind's Eye black polka dot washi tape, which comes in this fabulous 8-roll Decorative Tape Set, across lower part of card front.
11. Mount thanks sentiment piece to card front with more Foam Tape and adhere bird flat on the card front, a little behind sentiment.
Thanks for joining me today . . . I hope your summer is in full swing and you are enjoying it! ~ Sharon