Welcome back to the CLASSroom and another tag from our 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist series. Today we're more than halfway through the series and I'm excited to be sharing a tag creation with you.
My Peace Snowflake tag features lots of holiday sparkle and some very easy techniques. Let's get started!
For my tag base, I've created a textural and shimmery embossed tag. I love how the color changes as it turns in the light.
1. Emboss the manila tag using a snowflake embossing folder and a Big Shot machine.
2. Color the tag by swiping it with a Distress Stain Dabber. I just drag the sponge end across the tag allowing the color to hit the higher embossed areas. Dry with a heat gun to speed up the process.
3. Rub a Versamark Inkpad across the surface of the tag. Sprinkle with Holographic Embossing Powder. Apply heat with heat gun until the embossing powder is melted.
Next steps are to create a pretty embellishment using a die.
4. Die cut the Snowflake Rosette Strip die from a sheet of patterned paper.
5. Pleat the snowflake in an accordian fold. Adhere ends together with dry adhesive.
6. Flatten snowflake out and adhere to scrap paper.
7. Adhere snowflake applique. Insert trinket pins.
8. Apply stickles along pleats to add glitter.
9. Adhere loops of tinsel trim behind embellishment.
10. Adhere to tag.
11.Dab Distress Stain onto Peace chipboard sentiment. Dry with heat gun.
12. Coat chipboard with Versamark ink and sprinkle with Holographic Embossing Powder.
13. Heat embossing powder to finish the shimmery surface.
14. Adhere to bottom of tag.
15. Adhere lace to bottom of tag.
16. Loop twine through top of tag.
Hope you're enjoying each day of the 12 Tags of Christmas! Happy holidays and happy creating!
We are so fortunate to have Julia here in the CLASSroom sharing her inspired ideas with us on a constant basis - thank you for sharing your creativity with us! Please help us thank Julia for this stunning, sparkly goodness by leaving your appreciation below in the comment section. Leave your comment below to be eligible for the random drawing of the $25 gift certificate to our store www.ellenhutson.com - be certain to do so before noon on December 13th to be eligible (one comment per person please.) Be certain to return tomorrow to "fawn" over the oh, so cute tag a special lady has prepared for you!