(click on the pics to enbiggan)
3D scenes have always enchanted, and at the holidays seem even more magical to me--I love how charming they can be as home decoration. One of my favorites are water-less snow globes--I always keep my eyes peeled for fun and different DIY ways to add these to my collection.
I've never actually made jam or jelly (OK, I can hear you guys chuckling at me, the anti-Martha!), but I often use canning jars to present home-baked goodies all year round and as luck would have it I had a few unused wide-mouthed jars in the pantry that were perfect for this project because the Cosmo Cricket Show Toppers are made to match them! SWEET!!!
I couldn't have been more thrilled when I finished this project--wouldn't they make awesome gifts any time of year, for any occasion?! You could also tuck a gift card into an envelope and slip it into the slot, or the slot can be used to hold recipe cards while baking, or it makes the cutest photo holder! EEP!!!
There are different styles of Show Stoppers, and each of them has a hook on the inside of the lid that could be used to dangle their Mini Mobile--imagine hearts at Valentines, clouds and stars celebrating the arrival of a sweet new baby, or balloons for a birthday! I must admit, I love the different color options, too!
Once you've decided what/what kind of scene you want to showcase, these really don't take long to put together! If scene building is not your thing, then stuff it with yummy edibles, or wrap a gift card up in a fluff of pretty tissue paper and just decorate the lid!
Basic Supplies (links to specifics at the end of the article):
- Cosmo Cricket Show Topper
- Wide-mouth Canning Jar
- Assorted Dies for creating a scene + Die-cutting Machine
- Circle Dies or Circle Cutter
- Card Stock
- Tape Adhesive, Glue Dots
- Scoring Tool
- Epsom Salts (you can use Buffalo snow, but the weight of the epsom salts works much like sand would, "propping" the die cuts upright. Plus, I just like how it looks! *gleeful grin*)
Watch the video to see how I built the 3D paper scene inside my jar of Christmas!
Yes, there was a LOT of off-camera monkey clapping. ;)
Thanks for giving us a thumbs up on YouTube!
- Cosmo Cricket Show Toppers
- Cosmo Cricket Mini Mobile
- Cosmo Cricket Glitter Sheets, Starlet
- Savvy Stamps Tall Birch Trees Die
- Savvy Stamps Deer Silhouette Die
- Essentials by Ellen Merry & Bright Dies
- Savvy Stamps Merry Typed Die
- Nesting Circle Dies or Circle Scissor
- Hero Arts Red Gemstone Stickers
- Neenah Heavy Weight Card Stock
- Neenah Desert Storm Card Stock
- Pearl Thread
- Pom Poms
- Big Shot
- Stamp Runner
- Glue Dots
- Tombow Stamp Runner
- Tombow Mono Multi
- Martha Mini Score Board
- Julie's Favorite Tweezers
- Epsom Salts (available in the pharmacy section)
- Ribbon, Red Jingle Bell (from my stash)