Yes, I am still alive and kicking - LOL! Life has been VERY busy and I apologize for the neglect of my Simple Dreams blog. I have been working hard just to keep projects up on an almost daily basis over on the Classroom, so if you don't find me here, be certain to come and visit us over there!
Now for those who are coming here from the Classroom, you really didn't think I was going to spill the beans on the reverse image - did you? LOL! For those who have not yet visited the Classroom, you will want to take a peek at the other project that I created using this same technique. Hopefully between these two projects you will have a fairly good idea as to how to give this technique a whirl and will give it a try.
One of my goals is to always try and be inventive! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This time I really think it worked great! I am so thrilled that I now have another way to use my airbrush system, as well as stamp images that are of the silhouette variety!
As a side note I would like to suggest that you pick up the Memory Box Gingercake collection sooner rather than later. I have been begging Dave to make a few larger runs on his new lines of papers, because they are magnificent! Unfortunately I barely get them up in the store and they are completely sold out. The variety in this particular paper pack has allowed me to create some absolutely stunning and different color combinations for this holiday season.
Now back to the real reason for my post. I began with the Dove image - I love the elegant feeling of this image and thought that combined with the sentiment, "Let there be peace on earth," from the Mona Lisa Christmas Expressions collection, I would have an absolutely gorgeous creation for the upcoming holiday season. There are many images that this technique will work with in our collection - just look for ones that are of the silhouette variety.
As you can see in the picture above I have stamped two doves, the one on the left is using regular VersaMark and the one on the right was using VersaMark Champagne Dazzle. I am still searching for techniques that really make this pad "dazzle" as I know it can. I felt like I hit a home run with the direct to paper technique, but have been a little disappointed in some of the other things I have tried. I will keep at it in hopes of hitting a few more WOW's.
As you can see the UTEE did adhere better to the Dazzle pad. I'm not quite certain why being I have just reinked my VersaMark pad.
I won't bore you with the same step-by-step instructions here, you can read those on the Classroom. Instead I will try and point out any differences from that original post.
As you can see in this picture it is easier to see the Dove using the Champagne. I did add another layer of fine embossing powder over the dove on the left. I was afraid that it wouldn't be thick enough if I didn't. To do this I immediately added some regular clear embossing powder (EP) on to the heated image and this helped to thicken the layer of EP.
As you can see I used two different Copic colors for this image - W3, Warm Gray #3 and B95, Light Grayish Cobalt. These two colors blended beautifully with the paper I was eyeing.
There are times I wish that I could see other's projects as they are putting them together and so I opted to snap this photo of one of the ways that I adhere ribbon to my projects. When attaching two ribbons to a project it can sometimes get a little tricky trying to position them to overlap ever so slightly. I typically will attach red liner tape to my project and then attach the lower strip of ribbon to the lower edge. I then add my next layer. This allows me to keep it fairly smooth and even.
The dove shown below is the VersaMark Champagne Dazzle version. As you can see from this picture the champagne color is no longer visible. I will share the reverse image with you at a later date so that you can make your own analysis of what happens in the ironing process. Have I at least gotten you curious to try this now? I hope that I am teasing you just enough to get you to try experimenting with this process and your new ink pads! I would really love to see links to anything you discover!!!
Unfortunately I didn't get a good impression when I stamped my sentiment. I was so bummed, but out of time and just didn't have enough time to do it all over again (insert sad face.) I used a button from the Granola collection - it was a perfect match for this paper! Sponging the edges of my Blue Poppy note card and my dove "tag" with Antique Linen distress ink pulled it all together.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see some fabulous new creations from each of you soon! Link me to your projects ladies!!! I love to see what you create Ü