Happy Fourth of July! It's time to CELEBRATE!!!
I hope you are all having a wonderful time celebrating your freedom with family and friends. I thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to come and visit with me here today. Especially since I believe this is going to be a post of epic proportion - LOL!
Perhaps in taking a glimpse at the card above you will not at first see what it is that I have to share in my sneak peek, but I hope that once you read through my post and send your message off to Spellbinders to enter the contest for today you will be back to take a closer look at the pictures to see exactly how it is that I used Spellbinders brand new product, Pierceabilities™, on these projects.
Today I have the pleasure of introducing a product that I proposed to the Caron's over a year ago when Nestabilities™ were being developed. I would like to say how proud I am to have been involved with Spellbinders in the conception of this product and take this opportunity to express my gratitude to the Caron's. I would like to introduce to you Spellbinders Pierceabilities™ by Ellen Hutson.
S4 165 Pinking Pierceabilities™ ($19.99)
(approx 5 5/8" long by 3/4" and 1" high)
S4 167 Victorian Pierceabilities™ ($19.99)
(approx 5 1/2" long by 1/2" and 5/8" high)
Pierceabilities™ - what are they? what will they do?
Each set of Pierceabilities™ will include two dies per package, along with a Transparent Piercing Template to aid in piercing. I will share more information regarding what this is and how it will be used in a future post.
Below are pictures of the actual dies - I am hoping that by sharing this picture you will be able to "see" what these dies will look like and thus get a better understanding of how they work.
So what will they do?
- Cut - these will cut just like your other Spellbinder Dies and Nestabilities™. Hopefully you can see the raised line along the lower edge of the die - this is the cutting line. Each Pierceability™ die being released at CHA will have a different edge design for cutting and embossing!
- Emboss - the Pierceability™ dies will run through the Wizard and almost any other die cut machine. They will emboss just as the other Spellbinder Dies and Nestabilities™ emboss. You will use the same sandwiches which you have already learned (thank goodness Ü). Stacey Caron has put together a fantastic video demonstration for you showcasing how to use the Spellbinder dies in other die cut machines. Please follow this link to YouTube for a wonderful video demonstration!
- Stencil - again this feature is the same as all previous Spellbinder products. Airbrush, chalk, sponge - use the die as a stencil to achieve beautiful and unique results!
- Pierce - now this is where the whole difference comes in to being - thus the name Pierceabilities™ Ü. We toyed with the idea of having the die actually do the piercing, but after much thought we felt that you would be able to achieve SO MUCH MORE if you were allowed the flexibility of piercing by hand. This option allows you to pick and choose from different areas of the design, using the entire die or only a portion - whatever suites your project. Versatility and value have been foremost in our thought process in the development of this product. The looks you are going to be able to achieve... well, I'm jumping up and down in my chair right now!
- Not only can you do each of the above individually, but you can combine the above elements for an even greater variety of looks! Remember, with Spellbinders the difference is in the details.
These cards were made to share the basic looks that you will be able to achieve with the Pierceabilities™ alone. I was absolutely stunned with the beauty of their simplicity. What perfect wedding, anniversary, or thank you notes these would make. Just place a sentiment inside or on the front and your work is complete.
Details will be shown in future posts as to how I created each of the projects. Today is all about the eye candy and the drawing!!!
This card shows the basic function of the die used three ways - cut along the lower edge, embossed and pierced.
Next I wanted to share that you can only emboss and pierce - no need for cutting. This was repeated in two places on the card front to give it a completely different look than one "border" would achieve.
Not only did I want these dies to work on the 5 1/2" side of the card, but much thought was put into how they could possibly work on the 4 1/4" side as well.
With some cardstocks, these dies will also cut through two layers. These examples are created using the Neenah Classic Crest Solar White - a quality, heavy cardstock. I cannot wait to see what other possibilities will unfold with time!!!
Yes, I used the new label, that Debbie revealed to showcase how you can pierce through our metal foil! This is a very simple design that just touches the surface of the possibilities of revisiting the folk-like pierced tin techniques!!!
Last, but not least I just couldn't help myself by sharing this little sneak peek of a clear album that I have made using the new Label 1 set in conjunction with piercing using the new Pierceabilities™. I can assure you that I will share the inside, as well as all the details regarding working with plastic, but there are more dies in use that I cannot yet reveal - you are just going to have to wait for the final reveals and my return from CHA Ü
Spellbinders Birthday Celebration
Sneak Peek Party Drawing Information
Spellbinders will randomly pick one entry from each of the 14 Spellbinders Sneak Peek Blog reveals as stated in the "Rules". This name will be drawn to receive the die being revealed on said blog. These entries must follow all rules stated below to be valid for the drawing.
Entrants visiting all 14 Spellbinders Birthday Celebration Sneak Peek Blog reveals and correctly entering their information into the 14 separate drawings, as described below, will automatically be entered into a GRAND PRIZE give away of a new RASPBERRY WIZARD and a $500 retail value die package!
Any participant wishing to be included in the daily drawing for the Spellbinders Birthday Celebration Sneak Peek die give away must adhere to all of the following rules:
- Participant must click on the provided drawing link on blog to enter each individual drawing on sneak peeks between June 30 and July 13.
- Participant must type in the subject line the name/names of the die/dies being revealed.
- Participant must send their entry for this blog before 12:00 midnight Central Standard Time on July 5th, 2008.
- Participant is only allowed to enter each of the 14 Spellbinders sneak peek blog give away drawings one time per sneak peek. Participant must use the same email address daily to be considered for grand prize entry.
- Spellbinders Design Team members and employees are not eligible for drawing.
Any participant wishing to be automatically entered into the drawing for the Spellbinders Birthday Celebration Sneak Peek Grand Prize drawing, must enter the drawing from all of the 14 blog reveals and follow all the above rules.
- Spellbinders will only use email information to contact the winner.
- Spellbinders will not share this email address with any other parties.
- Spellbinders will not use this email information for advertisements of communications other than to contact the winner.
- If you wish to be included in further communications from Spellbinders, please go to their homepage and sign up: www.spellbinders.us.
Again the deadline for entering in the drawing for my sneak peek today, the Spellbinders S4-165 Pinking Pierceabilities™ and S4-167 Victorian Pierceabilities™, is midnight July 5th (Central Time). Don't forget to enter yesterday's sneak peek on Heidi Blankenship's blog Embellished Dreams before midnight July 4th (Central Time).
Click here to enter the drawing. If this pop-up link does not work or you use an email client that does not work with this pop-up box, you may copy and paste this address to send your entry via email to - email@example.com.
I hope to be able to share the winner of this portion of the sneak peek drawing with you on Sunday, July 6th. Best of luck and don't forget to enter the remaining sneak peek drawings!