I am loving your guesses, but so far no one has even come remotely close. The Heidi Swapp masks have been in my store for at least a month and I love my Distress Inks, but I hadn't thought about carrying those - hmmm, perhaps I should. But this is something I love even more than masks and ink Ü I have once again used this new product again tonight.
I have always been intrigued with adirondack chairs - they are so comfy looking and to sit in them with a glass of lemonade and a good book is a very relaxing thought.
I have been doing a little thinking about trends lately and was a little surprised to read that neon colors will be resurfacing again this year in a much bigger way. So I thought perhaps a bold "neon" colored chair might be appealing. Being that the Lockhart stamp has a very folk-like feeling to it I didn't want this chair to completely jump off the paper - I wanted it to look aged - distressed. I pondered for a bit as to how I might achieve that look.
I began by coloring the chair, flowers, pot, and grass with Copic markers. I started with intense, bright colors, but then I added a little pale olive to the neon blues I had colored the chair with just to add the feeling of rusticity. Next I created a reverse Eclipse mask as shown below. As you can see only the chair remains visible behind this mask. Everything else is covered. To cut out such fine detail I stamp my image on the Eclipse tape and then adhere it to my Magnetic Precision Mat and use my Retractable Blade Craft Knife to cut the image out. This knife allows me to get in to the tiniest of places. Then using the Weathered Wood backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms I overstamped the chair using Antique LInen Distress Ink. This gave the chair a wonderful used feel.
Here is another view of the project in progress.
I felt at this point it was still a little stark and wanted to add color to the background. I used the other portion of the mask and placed it back over my chair and did a little airbrushing as shown below.
Airbrushing from the right side allowed me to control the spray so that it did not hit the flower pot, thus giving a brighter look to the lower right corner. I then removed this portion of the mask and using my Colorless Blender added clouds to the sky.
Just a few added touches of linen and thread brings that rustic feel back to this bold, bright card.
Keep those guesses coming girls - I can hardly wait to debut this new product on Monday!